Employment Insurance for Apprentices

If you have been referred by your province or territory to attend full-time technical training (sometimes referred to as block-release training), you may be eligible to receive Employment Insurance (EI) benefits while unemployed and attending your course. If you have lost your job through no fault of your own, and you are not attending full-time technical training, visit the EI regular benefits page to apply for benefits.