Dr. Gary McPherson Leadership Scholarship
Dr. Gary McPherson Leadership Scholarship $2000 – Application Deadline February 14, 2022
The student must be:
- a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada or a protected person within the meaning of
subsection 95(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada)
- an Alberta resident. An Alberta resident is:
- a person whose parent or legal guardian has maintained permanent residence in Canada for
at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies and
be residing in Alberta, or
- a person who has maintained permanent residence in Alberta for 12 consecutive months
immediately prior to commencing post-secondary studies, or
- a person whose spouse/partner has maintained permanent residence in Alberta for 12
consecutive months immediately prior to the person (i.e. the student) attending post-
Course Load Requirement:
- A student must be enrolled in full-time studies (minimum 60% course load).
- Students must be registered in the required course load in the Fall 2021 and/or Winter 2022 term.
- A term is defined as a study period of up to 17 weeks in length.
Selection is made on the basis of the role and contribution each student has made to their school as well as the documentation provided in the application.
Two students will be awarded at Olds College each academic year.
- $2000 - up to 2 student(s)